Monday, January 6, 2014

Self-Portrait Project 2014- Week 1

This year I've dedicated myself to getting better at photography, a passion I discovered over 4 years ago. One of the things that have taught me a lot about photography and my camera is taking self-portraits. It its harder and more frustrating than taking pictures of someone else. It has tested my patience and perseverance. So many times i've wanted to quit because I couldn't get the picture focused correctly, or I couldn't get the colors right, or the edit wasn't working. Pure frustration, but I came through.
This year, I decided to challenge myself by doing one a week. Which means I MUST have 52 images by the end of the year. Hopefully.

I decided to challenge myself even more by making a list of items/things/themes that need to be in 24 of the 52 pictures. There is no specific way to these things, they just have to be incorporated in the picture somehow. I left myself room for just regular portraits since I know some weeks will be hard to get creative.  Here's a list I created in no particular order. I think playing around with these items is going to help me be more creative as well as help me edit pictures much better. If you have any ideas of other items please let me know! I would love to try it. 

Wood
Confetti
Colored Powder
Polaroid
Glitter
Shadow
Double Exposure
Light Leaks
Flowers
Grass
Sky
Rain
Braid
Tulle
GlowSticks
Light
Lips
Water
Movement
Eyes
Lace
Colors
Bubbles
Freckles 

Here's week 1/52_None





this last one is blurry...but i really love the look of my shirt with the background...hehe so I kept it! 


These were all taken at the Marine Stadium in Miami. Check out this website to read more about it

xoxo
SimplyLively


No comments :

Post a Comment