Sunday, July 28, 2013

#TheFunCraftEvent




My very beautiful and smart friend (Meli) is going away to Law School this upcoming week!!  Last week as we were all hanging out we decided that we should have a goodbye party/craft night. Of course, I volunteered to plan the whole event! Andy knows how crazy I become when I plan things! Lucky for him he was away for three days so he missed it! haha

I took this craft night event very seriously! It took me days and hours to plan, organize, and buy everything. I truly enjoyed the whole process!

After a lot of research and planning I decided that the craft for the night would be tissue paper garlands. I had seen them around Instagram,blogs, and Pinterest for quite a while! The materials were very easy to find, it was not very time consuming (for the most part) and I figured it would look adorable in Meli's new apartment!

I am not going to explain step by step how we did these because we just used the HGTV blog as a guide! I recommend using that website as well! At the end of my blog post I will write where I got all my materials! The only step we changed was instead of using hot glue to keep together each tassel, we decided to use small hair rubber bands to tie them together.


Here are some pictures from the night! You can check out some more videos and images here -> #TheFunCraftEvent



#TheFunCraftEvent 
<3
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Frosting




Take home bags- which included scratch and sniff stickers,
a ring pop, and ice cream flavored bubbles.

Mason Jars with Handles for drinks

Bows for each guest

Picnic Basket with all the supplies
So Fun!
Cute Napkins ($1 at TjMaxx)

Friends
Final Product


Final Product




We will miss you Meli!

{All photos above were taken with an iPhone/Ipad} 

Can't wait till the next #TheFunCraftEvent!

I have yet to find the perfect spot in my house for my garland! But I just love how it looks hung up!











{Supplies}
 Tissue Paper & Colored Twine: TJMAXX
         Silver Ribbon: Dollar Tree


xoxo

                                                                         

      

                                                                                                                    



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment